The MP-225 is designed primarily for positioning patch and intracellular recording pipettes. We have retained and refined the features most desired for this type of work. An extended version of the popular rotary optical encoder (ROE) is the sole input device available with the MP-225. Like the MP-285, the manipulator has a synthetic 4th axis for diagonal advancement of the pipette; 16 different angles are selectable via DIP switches. Speed and resolution of movement are easily selected with a multiple position thumbwheel, allowing fast/coarse movement and slow/ultra-fine movement in 10 increments. Two commonly used robotic movements have been incorporated for user convenience. A single button press can initiate a move to a Home position for pipette exchange or to a user defined Work position for quick location of the pipette near the recording location.
A display on the ROE gives position location. As all controls are located on the ROE, the controller can be moved to a less accessible area of your setup and does not need to occupy prime space in an equipment rack.
As always, our technical support team is available to address your particular needs and answer all questions before and after your purchase.
- Highly stable for experiments, intolerant of pipette drift
- Submicron (62.5nm) minimal resolution for fine movement
- Convenient thumbwheel selects resolution/speed of movement
- 25 mm of motorized travel on all three axes
- 4th axis for coaxial movement of pipette, angle selected by DIP switches on ROE
- ROE button press actuates move to Home position for pipette exchange
- ROE button press actuates move to Work position near recording location
- Continuous display (in microns) of axes positions located on ROE
- DIP switches on ROE select direction of movement produced by turn of ROE knob
- Modularized, compact design easily adaptable to your setup
- Mounting adapters included with manipulator
2,5 cm on all three axis
Six microstep sizes selectable (µm/µstep): 0.0625, 0.125, 0.25, 0.5, 1.0, and 2.0
Finer movement settings use the 62.5 nm microstep size but fewer microsteps are commanded per encoder knob turn
Long term stability
1-2 µm/h maximum
Integral miniature stepper motor with anti-backlash gearhead
Mechanical 10 cm × 15 cm × 15.5 cm
Controller 10 cm × 40.5 cm × 31 cm
Manipulator 1.3 kg
Controller 4.5 kg
115/230 V, 50/60 Hz
Each Motorized Micromanipulator MP-225 is delivered complete with:
Manipulator, table top controller unit, extended ROE, cables, rod holder, 4” dovetail extension, mounting adapter plate, hinged headstage mount, screws, hex wrench, power cord and manual.
Accessories available separately
285204 4 inch dovetail extension
285RBI Rotating base
2852RA Right angle adapter
2852ZV Z-axis vertical extension
2852ZH Z-axis horizontal extension
Please contact us for information on specific microscope mounting adapters.